Thursday, April 17, 2008

Finally!


Well NOVA nmbs was a blast. I stayed with the sobe/cannondale ladies and it was awesome. I felt like a pro for a weekend. Friday was the Super-D Time trial... and I must say there was no " D" about it. Just a straight up time trial. I have been training pretty hard this winter and this was the true test. I pushed it hard from the start line and managed to wind up 2nd.... merely 7 seconds behind first. I was happy. Saturday I had the day to myself as all the pro ladies had their short track race. Don't get me started about nmbs not providing a short track race for Expert women... pretty stupid I think. But it was nice to have the day to myself. Sunday I had to wake up at 5am for my 8am race start. I was pretty grumpy at 5am... but hey the temp for our race was perfect. I felt great during warm up and was looking for another top 3 finish.

We started fast and I pushed my shifter into the big ring and wawawa.... I thought my shifter broke. Aaaaarg! but it was a mental game with myself. I was finally able to get my chain in the big ring... so I just left it there. I knew I could ride the entire course in my big ring if i had to. I had to calm myself down... no big deal. And I did... i rode the first lap all in the big ring. I came through the start finish in 2nd with my eyes on 1st just ahead.

I just kept going and finally realized that my shifter paddle had just slipped. I was frustrated because I kept yo yo-ing between 2nd and 3rd. She just kept spinning away in her middle ring. Finally I risked dropping down and I managed to figure out the shifting between the middle and big ring. I could do this. We'll it just so happens on the one long hill of the race I got my shifter stuck between gears and the girl in 2nd pulled away. Oh well I said to myself. I had locked in 3rd... and had made my goal.

And well when it was all said and done... the race was an omnium event... and it turned out that a 2nd in super-d and a 3rd in xc was enough for me to win the overall! It was a good feeling!


here is a rad photo of Judy....


2 comments:

andi said...

uhm, lynn you are amazing! way to rock it racing!

Layerlogic said...

That is some serious tuff girl action...i hope you dont come racing in my neck of the woods!

BB